I dreamt a limitless book, A book unbound. It's leaves scattered in fantastic abundance. On every line there was a new horizon drawn, New heavens supposed, New states, new souls.


Friday, February 26, 2010

More Book Quotes

"You people with hearts," he said once, "have something to guide you, and need never do wrong; but I have no heart, and I must be very careful."

L. Frank Baum, The Wizard Of OZ


The lofty bookshelves sag
Under thousands of sleeping souls
Silence, hopeful-
Every time I open a book, a soul is awakened.

Xi Chuan, "Books," New Generation


All I need is a sheet of paper
and something to write with, and then
I can turn a world upside down.

Friedrich Nietzsche, Die Weisse und die Schwarze Kunst


"Eat," said Merlot.
"I coulsn't possibly," said Despereaux, backing away from the book.
"Why?"
"Um," said Despereaux, "it would ruin the story."

Kate DiCamillo, The Tale Of Despereaux


I dreamt a limitless book,
A book unbound
It's leaves scattered in fantastic abundance
On every line there was a new horizon drawn,
New heavens supposed;
New states, new souls.

Clive Barker, Abarat

No comments: