I dreamt a limitless book, A book unbound. It's leaves scattered in fantastic abundance. On every line there was a new horizon drawn, New heavens supposed, New states, new souls.


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Favorite Scene

He reclined a little, propping his arms behind him. "All right, Ronnie. What's your story?"
"Why do you care?"
"Gimme a break." he said, turning to face her. "I'm trying, okay?"
He wasn't sure what she thought about that, but she collected her hair into a loose ponytail, she seemed to accept the idea that she wasn't going to be able to run him off.
"All right. My story: I live in New York with my mom and my little brother, but she shipped us here to spend the summer with our dad. And now I'm stuck babysitting turtle eggs while a volleyball player slash grease monkey slash aquarium volunteer tries to hit on me."
"I'm not hitting on you." he protested.
"No?"
"Believe me, you'd know if I was hitting on you. You wouldn't be able to stop yourself from succumbing to my charms."
For the first time since he'd arrived, he heard her laugh. He took that as a good sign and went on.


My favorite scene from The Last Song! I'm reading it again, and couldn't resist posting it....

2 comments:

wolfie 402 said...

I LOVED The Last Song. It was REALLY good. It makes me want to see the movie. I also wanna read Dear John. I hear it's really good. Hmmm....
Why don't you check out both of my blogs?
writer-person.blogspot.com
readerperson.blogspot.com

They might help you with your book needs. ;)
-Wolfie

R@y-R@y said...

Awesome! Thanks!